Is there a working swsusp for FC3 2.6.10?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Thu Jan 20 23:48:39 UTC 2005

Hi there

I've just dropped-kicked SuSE-9.1 off my new HP NX5000 (I've been using
Redhat too long to change, and can't live without yum :-) and put FC3 on
it. I've got WiFi working (madwifi), but one thing SuSe 9.1 had that I
can't live without was the swsusp support. It was great! Hit the power
button, and 10-15 sec later the laptop had written RAM to disk and
turned itself off. Hit the power button again, and 15-20 sec later you
were back where you started. Cool :-)

Anyway, I tried installing vanilla 2.6.10 patched with the current
swsusp, but it fell all over itself while booting. Laptops are so fickle!

However, it likes FC3 well enough (i.e. one of the 1,000 kernel patches
in it must have fixed something to do with my laptop hardware), so has
anyone got a src.rpm or a patch-for-the-swsusp-patch that'll get the
current FC3 kernel playing nicely with swsusp?

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417