Is there a working swsusp for FC3 2.6.10?

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 09:06:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:18:41 +0000, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 22:28 -0800, Per Bjornsson wrote:
>> In any case, software suspend is not enabled in the Fedora kernels as
>> the Fedora kernel developers find it ugly and dangerous - at least that
>> was the last that was the understanding I got last time this was
>> discussed on this list.
>
> I want to run that risk. Exactly what flags do I need to make =y in the
> i686 kernel config of FC's Linux src.rpm ?
>
> I've tried the obvious one, but the kernel _never_ compiles :|

I am in the same situation here.
But for me software suspend is a stringent requirement, so I had to gave
up official FC kernel and build my own.
Now I have kernel-2.6.11rc1 with swsusp2 v2.1.5.14 running just fine on my
IBM Thinkpad T41 and also is working fine on my colleague's  R50p.
Of course I would like to have it in FC kernels, but till then, I don't
have other option.
For a laptop, the ability to suspend is essential.
At least it could be enabled in FC kernels but not used by any programs,
and let the willing users to try to use it at their own risk.

Thx,
Paul