rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Jan 22 10:34:52 UTC 2005

> Hi
>

> > One could argue that Xorg and fvmw2 are all that's needed for Core.
> > Minimalistic to the bone.
>
> no. fvwm2 is not a typical DE.
X+fvwm2 had been the Linux standard desktop environment for many, many
years and is still being used by more folks that you might assume.

Some *nix-purists won't use want any other environment.

> extras can be packaged as a ISO image. you need to download the whole
> of fedora or buy it from a third party vendor. if fedora extras or a
> subset of it  is an ISO image, then moving KDE into extras is just
> better reorganisation.
Despite some folke here don't seem to get tired to reiterate this idea,
I have to object: That won't be better, It's naive to move KDE out of
Core.

Ralf