rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 17:04:07 UTC 2005

Hi

> I'm nowdays using XFCE a lot but I do believe its a logical candidate for
> extras.

to clarify my stand on this I use KDE and even fluxbox on occasions
depending on my requirements. so I am not asking for KDE to moved to
fedora extras just because I happen to use Gnome or something else

I'm not so sure personally about KDE being an extras item. If someone
> said "you have two CD-ROM images no more" then I'd consider KDE for extras
> but not with four.

I was actually hoping that Fedora core 4 would limit itself to just
one CD or at the maximum two.  If Fedora project on the whole can
manage to produce more ISO images, having a subset of fedora extras
which includes the more popular packages especially those being moved
into fedora extras ( Making a case for KDE , xfce etc) would be very
useful

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram