further package removals/potential package removals

Jim Cornette jcornett at insight.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 22:14:03 UTC 2005

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 05:16:30AM +0100, Féliciano Matias wrote:
>
>>Move to Fedora Extra :
>>dosfstools
>>Lynx (or elinks)
>

> lynx is needed for mutt to do html reading on text logins. Its also fairly
> important for accessibility for some users. Elinks I wouldn't worry about

Lynx is also an important application for when one is not capable of
using a GUI to browse html sites. I find the program valuble and not
"cruft".
Mc is a very handy cli application also and should be included in the
core installation.

Is the concept of Fedora Extras to push programs off to the side or to
find a better location for programs that are close to the upstream
developers model in containment?

Is there work in making compatible iso files for Fedora Extras to enable
installing them during an initial fresh installation?

programs for inclusion from my point are xorg-x11, gedit, mc, mozilla
(full suite), lynx, various server applications, up2date (or a better,
configurable, GUI capable updating tool.)

Jim