rawhide report: 20050121 changes

mbneto mbneto at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 23:23:20 UTC 2005

Hi jef,

I'll try to look at this comps.xml file.  Can you provide any extra
info or tips regarding this ?

The "problem" that I find is that there are so many inter dependencies
between packages that I found really hard.

The other day after a 'minimum'install I created a list with rpm -a
and tried to remove unecesseary packages by hand.

I gave up after a lot atempts to remove packages that I don't use but
are necessary for others that I do :(

Since I am newbie at this forgive any naive (ok stupid) remarks, but
would be great to have more packages like php suite where I can select
the features that I need (php-mysql etc) without having to install the
kitchen sink...

- mb