RFC: Soname in rpm name

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Mon Jan 24 13:06:56 UTC 2005

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Well if it can be easily solved how come we still have this problem ?
> There are several packages that use the soname approach in FC and they
> are the ones that are a PITA to cleanup now and then

I did not know, is it possible to have a tool find the rpms that no rpms
depend on, and ask to remove them ? For this task, Debian has something
called deborphan (which might do more than that) and Mandrake has
"urpm-find-leaves" IIRC. Maybe that could be a start.

Aurélien
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info
A Black Hole is where God divided by zero.