Package Inspection

Roland Kaeser roli at israel-jugendtag.ch
Mon Jan 24 17:28:29 UTC 2005

Hi all

I know this would rater belong to the user list but I'm not a subscriber
of this list so I try to post it here.
I need a package inspection tool for a very large firewall project. The
ipt_string functionality does not longer exist in the iptables
implementation of the kernel 2.6 so I need a other tool which drops all
packages or communication parts which contains dangerous contents. I've
searched a lot of websites but I couldn't find anything which reliabley
implements a such function. Is there somebody which has experiences in
these field and can advise me? This functionality should been
implemented on a Fedora 2 machine which stands in the front of the
application level firewalls to prevent its from traffic which is not
productive.

Many Thanks

Roland Kaeser

--
Roland Käser
Fulachstr. 197

 ** Schon vom Israel-Jugendtag gehört? **
                   www.israel-jugendtag.ch

This e-mail is confidential. It may be read, copied and used only by the
intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please contact the
sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning.Please then delete
the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any person. We believe,
but do not warrant, that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free.
You should take full responsibility for virus checking.