Fedora and Xen: A Quick Start Guide

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 13:38:38 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:03:16 -0500, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> > As some people have noticed, Xen is now available from the Fedora
> > development repository.  More information on Xen itself can be found at
> > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/index.html.  We're
> > following the -unstable Xen tree at the moment which does occasionally
> > lead to things being broken but also lets us track a lot of the more
> > interesting work going on there.  Since setting up to run Xen isn't
> > entirely straight-forward, here's a run-through of what should work for
> > setting up a single Xen guest running the Fedora development tree.

> looks very useful. can you consider moving this into
> fedora.redhat.com/docs.  it can hold a title like "Getting started
> with Xen"

The plan is to put it up, although possibly not under the docs heading.
What's described here is mostly the quickstart for starting to use Xen
today.  Some of the things that I alluded to at the end will make it far
less relevant over the course of the next month or so.  So I'd prefer to
wait until a more final state before calling them docs :)

Jeremy