loop device creation [was Re: udev: Directory for custom device nodes.]

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jan 25 17:56:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 04:31:40PM +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> The loop module gets autoloaded by accessing /dev/loop.
> A program (mount) would have to load the module, if it wants /dev/loop* and
> wait for udev to create the device.
> We could load the loop device on system startup, but you may not want to
> have loaded "every" module, you could possibly use in one session.

How about calling "mount -a" twice?  Once to touch any devices that
may need to have nodes created by udev, and again to actually succeed
on mounting those devices?