grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 04:31:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 18:10 -0700, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> I am afraid you are right, but gnome-cd could be rewritten to use gst
> framework and play both ways.

I thought gnome-cd was using gstreamer these days...

Aha, looking at the source, it was done but disabled right before the
GNOME 2.8 release.  Looking in CVS, it looks to be re-enabled [1] for
gnome-media 2.9.x (which, since we should be including GNOME 2.10 in
FC4, will be included) so we actually should be good on this count for
FC4.

Jeremy

[1] Relevant changelog entry...
2004-11-26  Ronald S. Bultje  <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>

        * gnome-cd/Makefile.am:
        * gnome-cd/gnome-cd.c: (main):
        * gnome-cd/gst-cdparanoia-cdrom.c: (cb_error), (build_pipeline):
          Add CDDA-based CD (as default). For those poor Mac/Dell users
          whose computer suppliers are too crapped to add a cable
between
          CD drive and soundcard (#51152).