HAL features needed

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 26 17:22:41 UTC 2005

For all of you who have responded constructively, suggesting that I go
elsewhere, or in some cases, realizing I made a mistake and answering a
few questions about DBUS, thank you.

I have done a little work on Gnome. Most of it was a few years ago and
led to different patches (better than mine) being integrated. (mostly in
libraries).

I do not follow the development like I once did. I am thinking in terms
of Desktop OS, not just the desktop. And this is the development mailing
list for my favorite distribution.  Based on these facts, I find it
interesting that you get comments like the ones below. "Why are you
posting here...."

I may have been STUPID and put HAL instead of DBUS (severe lack of sleep
does that, especially to me). Since this is an implementation issue and
not some global freedesktop.org issue, at least in my mind, I posted
here.

If eventually it has to go to freedesktop great, but it should probably
be taken by people who are smarter and more up to date than I.

Again thank you for those who were reasonably polite, tried to see
through my mistake and provided great insights.  And again, please
accept my apologies for my screw up.

Trever Adams

--
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be
properly armed." -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188