Fedora PPC things...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 27 14:01:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 14:47 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>
> > Newer kernels for ppc and ppc64 can be found in my yum repo at
> > ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/fc3-kernel-ppc
>
> Do these numbers match those in rawhide?

Not really. They're FC3-derived builds, and they _may_ coincide with FC3
errata. Sometimes I build myself a new PPC kernel when I notice that
there's been an erratum for the FC3 kernel, and sometimes I do it just
because I feel like it or have a new patch to test. If it do it because
of an erratum then it may be the same version, or it may be a slightly
later one from CVS.

I don't know why Dave stopped building the official kernel packages for
FC3, but he seems to have turned it back on now -- the next build should
include ppc and ppc64 support again, and hence turn up in my other yum
repo at ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/fc3-updates-ppc

--
dwmw2