RFC: Soname in rpm name

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Thu Jan 27 15:02:14 UTC 2005

Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Or you release a new release of that version which provides the garbage
> collector symbol, Axel suggested.

I'd be very happy to do that, but I'd like to know : is this the scheme Red
Hat is going to be moving to ? Soname in the package name and a
Provides : shared-library-package
in the spec file ? Do we agree on this ?

I also think it is a great solution, which adresses correctly all the major
issues raised here. I'd be very happy to see it become a packaging policy.

Thanks

Aurélien
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook