fedora stable branch updates Q&A policy

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Fri Jan 28 09:43:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 19:46 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> Personally, i would believe a q&a mailinglist and a "testing" repo for
> yum could be a good idea, in order to get packages as good tested as
> possible - as fast as possible.

There is a testing repo, its called updates-testing (look
in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates-testing.repo). Discussion of that
happens at fedora-test-list at redhat.com as do the announcements for new
packages

However, I don't think many folk test it and QA it, and it usually gets
pushed out as an update (updates-released) within a couple of days

So, whats your issue with an update that Core had?
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi