grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Jan 30 18:51:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 15:28 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> I played with rpm a little today to see what prevents gtk1 being
> removed. After
> "rpm -e --test"'ing a whole lot of gtk1 and gnome1 gruft it basically
> comes down
> to a handful of applications that are currently in FC (and a quite
> impressive
> list of applications from external repos, but that's another story):
>
> xmms
> system-config-proc

s-c-proc isn't around in FC3 from what I can tell

> mtr-gtk
> and, most important, gnucash.

Seeing as I was Net-less for a while, the gtk+-1.2.10 package is what I
took a look at...

bonobo-1.0.22-9.i386
cdicconf-0.2-9.i386
GConf-1.0.9-15.i386
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-15.0.i386
gdk-pixbuf-gnome-0.22.0-15.0.i386
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-44.i386
gnome-print-0.37-10.i386
gnome-vfs-1.0.5-21.i386
gnucash-1.8.9-2.i386
gtk+-1.2.10-33.i386
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-33.i386
gtk-engines-0.12-5.i386
gtkhtml-1.1.9-10.i386
Guppi-0.40.3-21.i386
imlib-1.9.13-21.i386
libdv-tools-0.103-1.i386
libgal23-0.24-4.i386
libglade-0.17-15.i386
libgnomeprint15-0.37-10.i386
mtr-gtk-0.54-10.i386
nmap-frontend-3.70-1.i386
sylpheed-0.9.12-1.i386
usbview-1.0-13.i386
w3m-img-0.5.1-4.FC3.1.i386
xmms-1.2.10-9.i386
xmms-flac-1.1.0-7.i386

Those are the depends in Core 3. I have mplayer that depends on it too,
from livna
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi