syncing evolution w/ connector in rawhide (and others)

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 31 19:04:15 UTC 2005

On the same note, when the new (2.9.x) panel for gnome was built,
someone it seems forgot to reenable the eds stuff.  I do use it.

Trever

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 13:22 -0500, David Hollis wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:11 -0600, Edginton, Brian (GE Healthcare)
> wrote:
> > I think there needs to be some discussion about keeping, at least packages in the same general family, sync'd with each other in rawhide. I know this horse has been beating to near death but it certainly interferes with comprehensive testing and getting the feedback necessary to move fedora forward.
> >
> > Case in point, evolution and evolution-data-server move forward to 2.1.4 in rawhide. Evolution-connector lags behind, because of it's dependencies on old libgal, libe*'s, etc.
> > So now in this test environment mail is completely useless.
> >
> > Is there a way to encourage, or preferably enforce, keeping the wavefront coherent?
> >
> > edge
> >

> If you have an important workstation/server, you really shouldn't be
> running from Rawhide.  Things get out of sync, break, get your cat
> pregnant, etc. all the time.  You can't expect real stability until the
> few weeks prior to release when everything freezes and the various
> glitches are worked out.  If there was any mandate to keep Rawhide
> stable at all times, it would be the equivalent of production and they
> would have to put out Beta/RC releases for Rawhide!  Then we'd never see
> anything go anywhere.
>
> --
"If there was strife and contention in the home, very little else in
life could compensate for it." -- Lawana Blackwell, The Courtship of the
Vicar's Daughter, 1998