syncing evolution w/ connector in rawhide (and others)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:25:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:57:07 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot
<Nicolas.Mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> IMHO the tester is right we've passed the post-FC3 phase where it's ok
> to turn rawhide upside down and it's time to put it in a semi-testable
> state (this is by no means a demand, just my own POW - if Raw Hide can't
> be used before test releases it's little use for everyone, Red Hat
> included)

good thing the orignal poster filed a bug report then so this issue
can be tracked accordingly.

Aren't we jumping to conclusions here about the maintainer's intent?
A quick look at http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/evolution-connector/
tells me the connector codebase was updated when evolution was,
meaning for some reason the rawhide build system isn't building the
new evolution-connector updates. Wouldn't it be grand if a rawhide
tester interested in helping resolve the issue would check out the cvs
tree via anonymous cvs, try to rebuild the package for themselves...
identify the problem that is preventing the nightly rawhide build...
and report back via bugzilla.

Instead making rather unrealistic demands that packages in rawhide
build flawlessly on the first attempt... how about we find a way to
better communicate to rawhide users the build status of rawhide
packages.   Clearly, just having the cvs server up and accessible
isn't cutting through the inertia.  Perhaps if the daily rawhide
summary reports also gave a list of packages that failed to build
correctly... maybe that would be useful informations to rawhide
testers... and inspire them to checkout cvs trees and attempt to
identify and help resolve build issues with patches to bugzilla.

-jef"i wonder if a bug report as been filed while i write this"spaleta