syncing evolution w/ connector in rawhide (and others)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:03:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:46:57 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot
<Nicolas.Mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> Like I said, this is any sort of demand. Please do not put words that I
> explicitly refused to use in my mouth.

sorry, i apologize.

> A "few weeks prior to release" is way too late to start worrying about
> stabilising Raw Hide. You know it and I know it.

prior to which release? to test1?  I know no such thing... in fact the
oo.org 1.x versus 2.x pep-rally is still raging. I'd imagine if we
applied nominal effort we can hijack that thread and grind that
discussion to a halt while we debate the finer points as to which day
in the development cycle stablization should turn a corner.

Hell.. i even expect to see some major shifts in tree content
post-test1. If there are some very very dubious breakages in test1
that have no resolutions on the time scale of full release i fully
expect to see some downgrades happening in test2.  And packages
downgrades are always fun in rawhide.. since there has never been any
promise to make rawhide monotonically updatable via the use of epochs.

-jef