Wish list for FC5 - add Nvu

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Fri Jul 1 09:31:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 10:55, Davide Bolcioni wrote:
> Greetings,
> my suggestion for FC5 is to include Nvu 1.0 alongside Firefox and
> Thunderbird, thereby almost replicating the functionality of the Mozilla
> suite.

Hi Davide,

I believe the current plan is to reduce the size of Core (down from 4 to
maybe just 1 or 2 discs) and at the same time heavily expand Extras to
make it more an integral part of the Fedora distro. (correct me if I'm
wrong!) I'm all for this as long as Extras becomes a bit more mature
than it has been and we can spin CD's/DVD's of Extras for people to
download/buy too.

In any case, the path for getting a package into Core goes through
Extras so the package has to get in Extras first and get some approval
before it can possibly be moved to Core. More info on getting involved
with Extras here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

Remember that when you suggest something in the open source community
you've halfway volunteered to do it yourself ;)

Regards,
--
Tarjei