Fedora Core 5 Idea

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 10:19:18 UTC 2005

Ovidiu Lixandru wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> If you like it, you can use it. It still exists. Themes are a
>> subjective taste and clear looks is the default now for GNOME.
>

> As if BlueCurve were the default theme for GNOME in the RH8 -> FC3
> era. Your argument doesn't stand. And yes, I like BlueCurve more than
> Clearlooks too.

 Just because something is the default isnt going to change your
personal opinion on it. So instead of convincing people to adopt your
choices as the default it would be better to just switch the theme over
after the installation or during kickstart. If you do have rational
arguments about other set of preferences in various applications,
developers are more likely to hear you because it generally is much more
applicable to a wider set of people. I am pretty sure that are dozens of
other themes which some of the users like which isnt being shipped in
Fedora Core at all.  You should use the theme sites like
http://art.gnome.org or http://kde-look.org.  Applications that grab
such themes from various sites and make the end user experience in
changing the themes from a wider variety more transparent and easier
would be a good thing to do. Thats where I would like to see the effort
go towards in extras or even in core

regards
Rahul