Wish list for FC5 - add Nvu

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 10:41:47 UTC 2005

On 07/01/2005 05:31 AM, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 10:55, Davide Bolcioni wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>my suggestion for FC5 is to include Nvu 1.0 alongside Firefox and
>>Thunderbird, thereby almost replicating the functionality of the Mozilla
>>suite.
>>

> Hi Davide,
>
> I believe the current plan is to reduce the size of Core (down from 4 to
> maybe just 1 or 2 discs) and at the same time heavily expand Extras to
> make it more an integral part of the Fedora distro. (correct me if I'm
> wrong!) I'm all for this as long as Extras becomes a bit more mature
> than it has been and we can spin CD's/DVD's of Extras for people to
> download/buy too.
>
> In any case, the path for getting a package into Core goes through
> Extras so the package has to get in Extras first and get some approval
> before it can possibly be moved to Core. More info on getting involved
> with Extras here:

I've been meaning to get this packaged up for Extras for some time now,
but haven't actually been able to get around to it.  If someone wants to
help out, that would be appreciated.  It would pretty much need to build
with the same options and patchset (more or less) that we do for the
thunderbird and firefox builds.  Since Nvu is not based off the exact
same branch, that proves to be slightly more difficult.  Anyway, this
discussion belongs on fedora-extras-list, not here.