Desktop search tool using lucene

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Jul 2 00:57:18 UTC 2005

Alan Cox <alan <at> redhat.com> writes:
> One possibility is the muscat engine - thats open source could probably do the
> job well. It's a little weak on revoking content from the index without a
> rebuild.

Can you elaborate on "weak"?  Nobody's mentioned this to me (the main Xapian
developer), and it's really hard to address problems I don't know about...

Xapian's certainly better than some - for example swish-e can only remove
documents by rebuilding the index (unless you build it with the experimental
--enable-incremental option).  Not meaning to pick on swish-e particularly -
it was just the first example to come to mind.

Cheers,
    Olly