Having a copy of .torrent in the /iso dir

Nicholas Miell nmiell at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 19:15:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 15:00 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> It appears that torrents were set up independently by folks outside of
> Fedoraland-proper, and they've been managed this way all this time.
>
> Although is comparatively little cost in publishing torrent content, but I
> think that having torrents published by an outside source is better.  When a
> new release comes out all the mirrors get hammered.  It would be nearly
> impossible for you to grab the torrent file then.

The release method could be changed so that the only way to get a new
release via the first couple days is using BitTorrent. This would
probably eliminate the initial load spike that the mirrors get. If a few
of the mirrors can be convinced to seed the torrent, things would be
even nicer.

--
Nicholas Miell <nmiell at comcast.net>