[DejaVu-fonts] Re: weird representation for FFFD

Wed Jul 6 20:33:40 UTC 2005

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2005 à 22:17 +0200, David Jez a écrit :
> > Well, Fedora already has its share of ugly fonts with wide unicode
> > coverage. As we're only talking about a single character here, that does
> > not seem too difficult to create (just add a black diamond to a question
> > mark), I'd suggest you just get it into dejavu and I'll get the new
> > dejavu version into Fedora Extras.
> >
> > If you're quick it'll be available for users by early august.
>   As you wish...

James Cloos already proposed to work on it. I must say it's great to
have a reactive font project instead of packaging and installing scores
of incomplete/different/frozen fonts just to get good glyph coverage.

And I hope this thread will inspire more people on the CCd lists to work
through dejavu!

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot