new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 20:03:43 UTC 2005

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> So glibc will have to be excluded from the update frenzy :)

As I said, in a couple of days we'll hopefully have the gcc, binutils,
glibc pieces in place to make the next big change in the build
procedures and then you cannot do *any* update unless you get the new
glibc.  The rpm infrastructure should catch those requirements but be
warned.  We'll announce the build changes ahead of time as well.