new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sat Jul 9 21:57:44 UTC 2005

Hey, I'm glad that someone was kind enough to point me towards Octave,
which I was actually familiar with since, frankly, I'm not a complete
idiot and would rather not drain my budget paying Matlab licensing
fees unless I had no choice.

However, I would still really like to know if there's a relatively
simple way to determine whether or not a particular piece of software
makes use of LinuxThreads and will thus break on the new
non-LT-capable glibc releases.

Thanks,
--
  Jason L Tibbitts III - tibbs at math.uh.edu - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
       System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics