new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Sun Jul 10 11:17:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 05:33:41PM +0200, tony wrote:
> VDR is one that I use. I have messed around with FC4 for a while but it
> looks like after all these years with Redhat I will be moving to ubuntu
> (debian).
Actually VDR works just fine with NPTL. In the latest development
release they even removed the NPTL check and just let it run :). No
problems so far.

(It used to have some linuxthreads assumptions that caused weird problems
with nptl, but they seem to be fixed now). Now if they could make it work
with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 :)

--
Pekka Pietikainen