how to notify package maintaner?

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Mon Jul 11 18:07:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 08:02:10PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:

> is there any standard way to notify any package (core or extras)
> maintaner that there is new upstream version of bug/security fix of a
> given package? imho it'd be a general and useful think to add somewhere
> eg somewhere on fedora homepage an automatic from which select the
> current maintaner and send him/her a mail.

I think you should do this via Bugzilla: if it is a bug, file it and
mention the new version.  If it is a new feature you need from a new
version, add a RFE.  In this way, everybody can see it and there is
a track record of the problem, the maintainer's response, etc.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>