rawhide report: 20050711 changes

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue Jul 12 03:39:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 21:14 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> This change has been planned for a while now. Just add a launcher to a
> panel.

Oh, not this again! We turn a perfectly useful thing in another
"configure yourself" answer. Are we going back to the infinitely
configurable but useless desktop?

Why? Out of the entire GNOME menu, that was the most useful feature
by an order of magnitude (for me).

It is really sad that such important changes are taken in such a
haphazard manner, sacrificing usefulness to some misguided grand
vision of usability.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.