nptl and signals

divij bhatt divij at innomedia.soft.net
Tue Jul 12 07:05:20 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I have problem regarding nptl in multi-threading environment.I am
creating three threads and each thread is calling a functions in which I
am setting the time for each thread using setitimer.On expiration of
that timer SIGALRM is called which calls a signal handler function in
which I am setting the flag and when control return to the main program
I am checking that flag if it is one then I am sending the packet and
again make that flag 0.I am using thread specific data and use set
specific and getspecific to read the threads data.
But the problem is that in signal handler instead of 3 there are 4
threads running(4th one suppose to be main thread) which disturbs the
timing of other threads.Which results in to the packet drooping.Also the
control is not returning to the main program So kindly help me out,I am
also attaching the copy of source code.

Thanks in Advance
Divij