rawhide report: 20050711 changes

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:07:47 UTC 2005

2005/7/12, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:

> Since changing the desktop wallpaper is sort of inherently a "desktop"
> operation, you are after all manipulating the "desktop" with that
>
> I don't really think opening any specific app being it a terminal or
> xchat or a web browser or email or whatever... is inherently a
> "desktop" operation.  If the desktop is suppose have an open terminal

I use Cygwin in windows these days. Of course I have to get used to
clicking icons on the menu bar, instead of context menu. I cannot see
the difference. Clicking the icon may be much easier since you don't
have to show the desktop before operation. But then I remember that I
always use half-width menu bar in Gnome, which will leave a small
blank space in the screen corner. I click it frequently to open a
terminal :)

Why cannot there be launchers in context menu of desktop? It's a
policy, not a mechanism, right?

Why cannot there be terminal shortcuts in context menu of folders?
They are perfectly related.

--
bbbush ^_^