No more right click terminal

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 09:00:57 UTC 2005

Paul A Houle wrote:

>    A general complaint I've had about 'desktop-oriented' Linux
> distributions is that the GUI tries to push people into half-baked GUI
> apps and discourage people from opening a terminal window,  which is
> usually easier to use because there are fewer bugs in the command line
> programs -- I've got an older machine where my usual way of getting an
> xterm is Alt-F2 "xterm".

You can run 'bash' or even just 'sh' in a terminal from Alt-F2.

I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade the run command window to
have a proper shell (complete with command history). Then you could
switch from the run-command window to a gnome terminal in one GUI step.
Also the run-command window could have a working directory, and the
gnome terminals that appear could have a predictable working directory
(currently they seem to inherit the working directory from a previous
window).

Which source rpm does the run command dialog come from?

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--