List purpose (was Re: No more right click terminal)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jul 15 18:28:49 UTC 2005

>  From the overlap between the GNOME development team and the Fedora
> Desktop team I would consider the desktop goals to be fairly aligned.
> The distribution itself has a much larger target audience. Thats my take
> on it

So it seems a little odd to me to be designing a desktop geared for
newbies and the non-technical, on a platform that is designed for
hobbiests and early adopters of new technology and people who wish to
contribute and hope to direct the path of the distribution in the
process.  To me, these two do not mesh well.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: