No more right click terminal

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:52:48 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05, Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:

> End result?  Community and target users do see that maintainers care and
> listen and try for the end user's best interest.

More realistic end result: user of distro A complains to distro A
maintainer, but the maintainer doesn't think the user is right, a big
arguement ensues, wasting the maintainer and the user's time.  Other
users and maintainers chime in.  Pretty soon you're 70 posts into a
flamewar and no one can remember what the original complaint was
about.  User of distro B is so irate he flames maintainer of distro B
maintainer, who leaves the project in a fit of pique.  In distro C,
the user and the maintainer actually agree, but user C2 and C3
vehimently oppose.  Huge flamewar breaks out... etc.

Alternately, according to Case A, users A, B, C, C2, and C3 talk to
the upstream *developer*, avoid a mess on three distro's mailing
lists, don't piss off any maintainers, and maybe just maybe get their
pet feature implemented.

I can't understand how complaining to my coworkers about my taxes
hoping they'll write my MP is better than me writing my MP myself and
encouraging them to all do the same.  "Case B", as it were, makes
absolutely NO SENSE.
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves