No more right click terminal

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Sat Jul 16 15:12:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 03:13 -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:

> I wasn't kidding. I've installed FC3 on my g/f box. She is a _very_
> non-technical user by any conceivable measure. However, she needed
> access to a terminal day one, and now she always has one opened.

Why did she need a terminal?

> I understand the "this is a bug" idea (to a certain point), but
> reality is harsh. It's going to take many years for this to change,

Hopefully not many years.

> and removing a generally useful feature way before its time is not
> helpful.

The terminal is still available.  From half of the responses on this
thread you'd think it'd been removed entirely.

> Please do not misunderstand me: I think the removal is a mistake,
> but I don't think it's a huge deal. I wouldn't have maybe even
> posted at all in this thread if it was for the barrage of comments
> like "go tell someone who cares", "take a hike, you're not our user",
> etc.

That's not at all what most of the responses were; see for example:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-July/msg00308.html