No more right click terminal

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sun Jul 17 04:49:42 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 13:26 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> All you do is drop files you want accessible publicly into your
> ~/Public
> folder, and everyone else on the local area network can see them when
> you go to "Computer->Network".  No need to know about IP addresses,
> ssh, servers, etc.  Now if you're not on the same local network it
> won't work, but if you are it can replace ssh/sftp/ftp in a much much
> better way.

This is really nice. We need a way to allow people to easily share
files, it is a useful and necessary tool sometimes (even in a formal
banking environment where for a bunch of reasons I needed it).

My particular use case is on a different network, but I'll try to
look at the Places | Connect to Server... It seems like a cool
feature.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.