No more right click terminal

Sun Jul 17 20:50:05 UTC 2005

Le jeudi 14 juillet 2005 à 09:40 -0400, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :

> My personal feelings on the matter are that people who refuse to move
> discussion to the most effective upstream forum, are delibrately
> attempting to cause problems or are only interested in browbeating
> other people with their opinions in an effort to score debating
> experience points.  Once an issue or complaint is brought it... the
> quicker it can be moved to the appropriate upstream  forum or group
> the less frustrating it is for everyone.

My personal feeling is you can't expect Fedora users to learn the
arcanes of every upstream project Fedora uses to interact directly with
it. And if as some people wrote expecting _Red_Hat_ people to follow
_Red_Hat_ lists is impractical, how practical it is to expect every
single Fedora user to follow all the Gnome, Mozilla, Open Office...
lists ?

If they did (and test-builded pre-releases to follow changes) why would
they even bother with a distribution ?

I'd rather have one or two Red Hat/Fedora people read the lists and
attract the attention of the various Red Hat groups to relevant threads.
That'd be much more productive for everyone involved.

The non-forking goal of Fedora is commendable. It is the right thing in
the long term. But it won't be achieved by systematically refusing to
mediate between the project users and upstream.

--
Nicolas Mailhot