Recent changes in the USB subsystem

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Wed Jul 20 12:00:02 UTC 2005

Hi.

I am encountering some problems with my USB mouse with semi-current
kernels (kernel-2.6.12-1.1400_FC5 is affected, maybe earlier, too).

Sometimes mouse clicks are not recognized. Enabling the debug system
and listening on /sys/kernel/debug/usbmon/... shows that no USB
events are being generated for these missed clicks, either.
Some clicks are registered double, but this is far more rare.

Have there been changes to the kernel which may explain "lost"
USB events? Or is it more probable that a mechanical failure
has occured?

--
"It doesn't matter how fast your modem is if you're being shelled by
ethnic seperatists."  -- William Gibson