SVG not being handles by Firefox Deer Park

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sat Jul 23 21:32:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 13:54 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 7/22/05, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Interesting timing to send this as I was building an RPM locally with that option
> > before I read your mail just now.  Assuming things build fine, I'll turn that on, with a
> > few other things in the next build of deerpark.
>
> Just FYI, today's rawhide package  firefox-1.1-0.2.4.deerpark.alpha2
> seems to work fine with the svg in the original post in this thread.

Ah, Jef, you beat me too it.

I noticed last night that the SVG stuff was 'mostly' working but it was
bed time so I marked this message as important to reply about it in the
morning.

I too noticed that the SVG rendering was now working.  Thanks caillon.
I'm very impressed how fast these images render.

However I also noticed that some of the other samples in the same area
( http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/ ) weren't working (the SVG was
appearing, but the actions weren't working).

For example:

the background isn't appearing is this example:
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/circles2/circles2.xml

the roll-over doesn't work in this sample:
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/events1/events1.xml

you can't drag the circle in this example:
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/events2/events2.xml

This example doesn't appear to render properly
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/foreign1/foreign1.xml

And gradients don't seem to work.
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/gradients1/gradients1.svg
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/gradients2/gradients2.svg

There are probably other examples on this page that don't work, but
those are just a few.

Should we expect that these are working, or is it already known (up
stream) that these need to be addressed?

Rodd

 It's much better on my side"