[Fwd: Midnight Commander 4.6.1 has been released.]

Ovidiu Lixandru ovidiu at linux360.ro
Sun Jul 24 15:52:55 UTC 2005

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm very pleased to announce to you that it finally happened: The long
> awaited midnight commander version 4.6.1 has finally been released!
> Enjoy.

So where's the news? :) We've been enjoying it for a while now.

[ovidiu at ovidiu ~]$ rpm -qi mc
Name        : mc                           Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.6.1                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 0.14.FC3                      Build Date: Thu 21 Apr 2005
10:15:19 AM EEST
Install Date: Fri 22 Apr 2005 07:50:06 PM EEST      Build Host:
Group       : System Environment/Shells     Source RPM:
Size        : 4848590                          License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 21 Apr 2005 04:56:29 PM EEST, Key ID
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.ibiblio.org/mc/
Summary     : A user-friendly file manager and visual shell.
Description :
Midnight Commander is a visual shell much like a file manager, only
with many more features. It is a text mode application, but it also
includes mouse support if you are running GPM. Midnight Commander's
best features are its ability to FTP, view tar and zip files, and to
poke into RPMs for specific files.

Ovidiu Lixandru