GUI Debugger

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 21:48:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 14:41 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> What yum or rpm invocation do I need to use to discover what GUI debuggers
> are available in Fedora? I'm working on an OpenGL-based game so a
> curses-based debugger would probably be best, but I can run the app
> windowed so an X-based debugger would also be useful. Mostly I'm looking
> for something that can show me source lines, the current call stack, the
> local variables, and watched variables. I tried yum install for insight and
> ddd but it didn't find those.

hmm, ddd has been in Fedora since forever...  Its definitely in Core.

dcbw> yum search ddd
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories

ddd.i386                                 3.3.11-1               development
Matched from:
ddd
The Data Display Debugger (DDD) is a popular GUI for command-line
debuggers like GDB, DBX, JDB, WDB, XDB, the Perl debugger, and the