Yesterday's rawhide sunk my iBook

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:03:10 UTC 2005

On 7/28/05, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> After applying yesterday's rawhide to my iBook, the system is quite
> thoroughly toasted. After yum was finished, ssh'ing into the
> machine no longer worke, and neither did logging in at the local
> console. Rebooting the machine hangs after the initrd is processed,
> seemingly failing to execute /sbin/init.

You don't have a list of the packages you updated yesterday do you?
Looking over yesterdays updates 20050727 I'm not seeing any thing from
yesterday that I would suspect that could have caused this.  yum
couldn't update the rpm package because of a broken dep.. and
everything seems to be particularly minor in terms of system
operation.

-jef