Yesterday's rawhide sunk my iBook

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Thu Jul 28 16:46:56 UTC 2005

Hi.

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> I just updated the Pegasos II box to rawhide, and it seems to be working
> fine here. My first suspicion would be a failure to upgrade glibc
> correctly.

I have gotten the system up with a FC4-Install-CD, and there is some confusion
in the package db indeed. For example, I have currently 2 glibc packages
installed. Reinstalling the new packages from the rescue cd now.
Yay for rpm --root  (and the fact that yum does not immediately delete
package files after upgrade)

--
white mouse (n.) -- an animal which if killed in sufficient numbers
under controlled conditions produces a PhD.