Yesterday's rawhide sunk my iBook

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Thu Jul 28 18:06:02 UTC 2005

Hi.

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> And my point is... if glibc failed to cleanup or install correctly...
> then there could very well have been a scriptlet error for glibc. The
> postinstall scriptlet for glibc is rather.... unique.. as far as
> scriptlets go.  People with ppc hardware need to try to reproduce
> this. If there is a pedantic situational bug in
> /usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade.*  its in your best interest to look at
> this more closely.

I think yum rums %postinstall in the first phase of the upgrade
(Upgrading <....>). The glibc script restarts the sshd, and this
is noticeable in the console output. I remeber seeing this yesterday,
and there were no visible errors on the console at this stage.

We'll see if the next upgrade goes well.

--
Disloyalty: There comes a time when every team must learn to make
individual sacrifices.            -- Despair Inc. calendar, September 2001