What next?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Jun 1 21:20:15 UTC 2005

> seth vidal (skvidal at phy.duke.edu) said:
> > I think continuing the migration of misc items to extras and making core
> > truly core is good.
> >
> > I'd be willing to work toward:
> >  - extras organization into package groups or even sub-repos
>
> Including extending this to CD grouping? (I should write up
> the strawman proposal for this.)

Yah - I think it should. Although I tell you what I'd like - I think
making it easy for users to make their own 'extras' cds that include the
stuff they want + deps would make the most sense.

you tell a program a list of packages you want and it compiles a list of
that package + all its deps from extras and puts them in cd-sized
subdirs.

that would take some sorting work but it's not outside the realm of
possibility.

-sv