What next?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Jun 1 22:45:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:41:12PM +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> *snip*
> > - a network server for Evolution (perhaps based on Directory Server?)
> >   so one can actually use Evolution for time and task management at
> >   home AND on the road (read: from different machines) without having
> >   to run full-fledged MS Exchange (sic!) or OpenDUNNOWHATITWAS (Exchange
> >   clone).
> *snip*
>
> Sounds like Hula to me - not that I've tried it myself

When I looked for a solution a few weeks ago, I've spend some hours
of googling and reading mailing list archives, and the only thing I've
been able to come up with was

a) use OpenGroupware!
b) use Microsoft Exchange!
c) oh yeah, I'd really like a lightweight server without all the
   bloat OpenGroupware needs to just store my stuff somewhere
   accessibly from remote locations

The general consensus I found everywhere was "doesn't exist, or use
the big ones".

I didn't stumble over Hula at all... interesting. And Hula doesn't do
contacts stuff. And that's besides calendar stuff what I'd need Evo
most for - but it does other stuff I don't need, e.g. IMAP4 server
and webmail etc.

Best regards,
Daniel