What next?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 23:59:13 UTC 2005

On 6/1/05, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat.com> wrote:
> We don't want Fedora Core ever to spend significant periods of time where
> there is great new fabulosity out there, in some area or other, that we
> aren't representing in the latest release.

On the other hand... fedora specific infrastructure.. like a community
facing buildsystem or community facing process/policy needs some
breathing room when the feature set of the actual releases themselves
aren't the primary focus of leadership.  Pushing hard to get the
latest bits out... makes it difficult to get our own processes and
tools in working order.. so people can work together effectively.  I'd
rather see the next couple of months focused on fedora project
infrastructure and process, then start the clock again for the next
core release development cycle so we can have more mature tools and
processes in place.

-jef