What next?

Steven Garrity stevelist at silverorange.com
Wed Jun 1 23:59:45 UTC 2005

Kaj J. Niemi wrote:
> I would like automatic second display support (when connecting your
> laptop to a projector for example). So far I haven't been able to figure
> out how to do it except restart X with different settings. IMHO, it's one
> feature Apple's Powerbooks do really well running OS X.

After watching the video of the talks from Guadec, you can see that this
is a big problem. Almost every talk started off with 5 or 10 minutes of
fiddling to get the video-to-projector working. In some cases, the
presentation went on with partially broken displays.

Of course, if we can't do, neither can John Q. PowerPoint.

Steven Garrity