What next?

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Thu Jun 2 11:09:43 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Peter Robinson wrote:

> www.hula-project.org
>
> Contacts/address book is coming. The project was originally Novells
> Netmail product but they have to scrub the code to get any stuff out
> that they can't release as open source for what ever reason and its
> taking time but they are getting there. I think the address book code
> is one of the next on the list (you can see the remaining list on
> their site under scrub list). I think its the most promising open
> mail/calender/contacts product out there. Looking forward to the
> promised gmail esque webmail/calender interface :-)
>
> Been meaning to try and package this up as an rpm myself.

*hint hint* There's a first attempt (since abandoned, I believe) at a
package of hula in the Extras CVS that you might start from

Just as a word of warning: hula's a big, complex, ugly web app from a
packaging perspective. It really wasn't designed with sane packaging (or
sane integration period) in mind ;-)

later,
chris